Reporting to the Unit Director, the Program Staff will assist with providing fun and engaging social, recreational, and educational activities to children ages 5 -13. Additional responsibilities include complying with EEC regulations.
Position is a summer seasonal position for eight weeks from mid June through end of August, plus one week of training prior to program implementation. Must be available to work between the hours of 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday through Friday. Must have flexibility and reliable transportation. This is an excellent entry level position for a motivated individual who is interested in working with youth.
Qualifications and Skills:
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university, preferred but not required
Experience: A minimum of one year experience in a Boys & Girls Club or similar organization planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people.
Skills/Knowledge required in the following areas:
- Must be 21 years old.
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Group leadership skills including and understanding of group dynamics.
- Demonstrated organizational, staff and project management abilities.
- CPR and First Aid certifications, preferred.
- Bilingual preferred (Spanish & English) but not required.
- May oversee special programs and/or events and/or participate in the implementation of other Clubhouse activities as necessary.
- May be able to lift up to 50 pounds.
- May consult with parents concerning member and Clubhouse issues.
- Perform light cleaning and assume other duties as assigned.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), Club members, and supervisor to receive/provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/instructions; instruct, and advise/counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups, schools, members’ parents and others to assist in resolving problems.
Environmental and working conditions:
- All work is conducted in a Club or office setting inside or outside, travel is occasionally required.
- Physical and Mental Requirements:
Demonstrated ability to:
- Maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day responsibilities.
- Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.