The Lead Staff is responsible for the planning, implementation, and evaluation of a broad range of programs for youth between K and age 13. Additional responsibilities include complying with EEC regulations. The Lead Staff must also be available to work year-round and have reliable transportation. Hours of operating are 2pm - 6 pm, excluding school vacation weeks and summer break.
Demonstrated knowledge of principles related to development of youth between Kindergarten and 12 years of age, group leadership skills, and an understanding of group dynamics.
Education & Experience
Must meet one of the following:
- Have a bachelor’s degree or an associate degree; and have three months of experience working with school-age children; or
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent; and have six months of experience working with school-age children including three months of supervised experience at a school-age childcare program; or
- Have nine months of experience with school-age children including three months of supervised experience at a school-age childcare program.
Skills required in the following areas:
- Communication Skills: Informing, Listening, Writing
- Personal Initiative Skills: Organizational Awareness, Striving for Excellence, Professional Development
- Planning Skills: Action Planning and Organizing
- Relationship Skills: Teamwork
- Safety, Health, and Environment Skills: Supporting a Safe Environment