REPORTS TO: Site Supervisor
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time
WORK STATUS: Non- Exempt
POSITION SUMMARY: Reporting to the Unit Director, the Custodian oversees the overall maintenance, cleaning and facilities needs of the site.
Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent
Experience: A minimum of five years similar work experience.
Skills/Knowledge required in the following areas:
• Demonstrated ability and acumen of various maintenance skills including basic carpentry, plumbing, small engine repair, commercial cleaning, and landscaping.
• Demonstrated project management abilities.
KEY ROLES- Competency Areas:
1. Plan and oversee the maintenance of the entire facility, including:
• Outside contractors (HVAC, plumbing, electric),
• building repairs,
• general maintenance/ cleanliness,
• purchasing supplies, and
• the supervision of part-time maintenance staff.
2. Support the needs of building rentals during non-traditional club hours.
3. Coordinate any volunteer activities as they relate to facility improvements/cleanup
4. Develop systems to assure a clean and safe environment and to meet all safety expectations of BGCA
1. Available for all facility emergencies during afterhours and weekends.
2. May be required to periodically drive Club van.
Internal: Maintain close, daily contact with Club staff (professional and volunteer), and supervisor to receive/ provide information, discuss issues, explain or interpret guidelines/ instructions; instruct, and advise/ counsel.
External: Maintain contact as needed with external community groups and contractors.
ENVIRONMENTAL AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
All work is conducted in a Club or office setting inside or outside, travel is occasionally required.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS:
Demonstrated ability to:
• Maintain a high energy level and be comfortable performing multi-faceted projects in conjunction with day to day responsibilities.
• Regularly required to speak clearly and hear the spoken word as well
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designated to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.