POSITION: Clubhouse Unit Director
REPORTS TO: Deputy Director
HOURS OF WORK: Full Time
WORK STATUS: Exempt
The Boys & Girls Club of Webster-Dudley is a nonprofit, charitable, educational organization recognized as a leading advocate for youth development, working to help youth of all backgrounds.
The organization’s goal is to provide a world-class club experience that puts success within reach of every young person who walks through our doors, with all members on track to graduate from high school with a plan for the future, demonstrate good character and citizenship, and live a healthy lifestyle.
Our mission is to inspire and enable all youth to become responsible, productive and caring citizens. We provide kids and teens with effective diverse programs and services; and demonstrate that caring adults can truly help young people grow into contributing human beings with the necessary skills for living.
We have an exciting, full-time opportunity for a Clubhouse Unit Director. The right candidate will be a creative, energetic, and organized individual able to oversee programming and daily enrichment activities for children. Under limited supervision the Clubhouse Unit Director is responsible for the overall daily operations of a site with the primary concern for a comprehensive, outcome-driven program and service delivery. Also supervises and trains staff and volunteers, handles personnel issues (with support of the Director of Human Resources), manages the facility and membership administration. This position reports to the Deputy Director. In addition, become part of a team to engage the community and provide tours of the facility.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
• Interpret Boys & Girls Club policies to employees through daily staff contact and periodic, regularly scheduled staff meetings and working with the Director of Human Resources.
• Ability to get along with diverse personalities at all times while displaying strong boundaries, tact, maturity and flexibility.
• Possess strong communication skills, both oral and written with a demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with youth, volunteers, parents and community leaders. Comfortable with public speaking
• Utilize team involvement and devise goals to maintain acceptable levels of membership and average daily attendance
• Ensure a healthy, safe environment, with well-maintained facilities, equipment and supplies.
• Establish school-based unit programs, activities and services that prepare youth for success and create an outcome-driven Club experience that facilitates achievement of youth development outcomes.
• Assure safety of Club members, visitors and volunteers and staff meeting all Early Education and Care and Boys & Girls Club of America safety requirements through coordination of Club guidance/discipline system.
• Maintain proper record keeping of staff and member files; with assistance from the Director of Human Resources manage the administrative functions of all program areas and assigned resources and complete these functions in a timely and comprehensive manner.
• Must have a working knowledge of computers and be adept at utilizing technology as a tool for completing work. Proficient with Microsoft Office; Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.
• Purchase supplies and equipment for program implementation. Ensures a healthy, safe environment, with well-maintained facilities, equipment, and supplies.
• Work with staff and development team on special events to carry out programs in all departments.
• Exercise authority in problems relating to members by utilizing trauma informed best practices as well as positive discipline protocols.
• Ensures Human Resources policies and procedures are communicated and followed, including those on recruiting, compensation, benefits, and employee relations.
• Work with Deputy Director to ensure team members, youth, and facility receives the resources and support required to be successful.
• Must be comfortable with facility tours, presentations to groups and public speaking.
• Assume other duties as assigned.
• Maintain contact with external community groups, schools, member parents, and others to assist in resolving problems and to publicize the Club.
• Working with the Deputy Director develop and maintain public relations to increase the visibility of programs, services, and activities within the Club and the community.
• Attend occasional evening meetings or events, occasional conferences and trainings which may require limited travel.
• The successful candidate will have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university OR equivalent experience.
• MUST BE EEC QUALIFIED or able to become qualified with 6 months of hire.
• Preferred Three (3) years of experience working in a non-profit agency, Boys & Girls Club or similar organization responsible for the management and supervision of a unit, section or division which include planning, organizing, implementing and evaluating supplemental education programs for youth in a recreational and developmental environment.
• Possess and maintain a valid Driver’s License with a good driving record.
• Ability to relate effectively with staff, parents, members and community.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
• Include some physical exertion such as lifting, stretching and bending in a school/Club setting and can include sitting and standing for long periods.
• Interactions with youth 5-18 years of age and clubhouse can be noisy at times.
The information presented indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor to be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, qualifications and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
An Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Females, persons of color, veterans, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 - $70,000.00 per year
• 401(k) matching
• Dental insurance
• Employee assistance program
• Flexible spending account
• Health insurance
• Life insurance
• Paid time off
• Vision insurance
• Monday to Friday
• Are you EEC qualified?
• High school or equivalent (Preferred)